Research shows that small everyday habits will make a difference in your ability to cultivate a healthier lifestyle.
Here are 5 small habits that will get you off to a good start!
1. Drink green tea. People who drink 4 or more cups of green tea a day are 44% less likely to be depressed than those who sip it less often. Its amino acid theanine may spur the release of the feel-good brain chemical serotonin.
2. Eat your fruits and veggies. Pack your plate with fresh fruit and veggies, in addition to fish and whole grains. Limit fried, sugary, or processed foods to occasional treats.
3. Stay active and exercise Endorphins are potent mood lifters. A single session (as short as 20 minutes) can boost spirits for up to 12 hours.
4. Make sure your iron levels a normal. For best absorption, take your vitamin supplement with food and make sure it has 18 mg of iron if you’re premenopausal.
4. Write in a journal. Every night, write down three things that went well for you that day, no matter how minor. Be descriptive and note the role you played in making each happy moment happen. You’ll be increasingly mindful of how much control you have over the bright spots in your life.
via @blackdr.org #mynaturalbox #naturalbeautyinabox #wellnessinabox #getonthelist